Monday, July 22, 2013

Wine Themed Cookies

In my last post I talked about how to throw a Blind Wine Tasting party for my birthday! We had lots of really yummy food! See below! But of course you know I love to bake. I decided to try out my new wine cookie cutters as well as make some of my favorite cupcakes and cake pops!
All of the delicious food! NOM NOM NOM
For the cupcakes I made my signature cupcakes - chocolate chip cookie dough! The have real balls of raw cookie dough in them. They are super sweet so I don't put a lot of frosting on them since they don't need it. I actually cheated a little bit on the frosting. I just used the leftover I had from the cookies and swirled them together. 
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes! 
I made the cupcakes in chocolate and vanilla flavor since I had some friends who strongly like one or the other but I didn't want to make 200 mini cupcakes. I decided to just make 16 of each and then I made the rest into....CAKE POPS! 

Up until a month ago I couldn't make cake pops. And up until about 2-3 months ago I could make sugar cookies either. I had to take a class. So I took a class and the first time I tried to make them for my party last week I had a little crisis and had to call the shop and ask what I was doing wrong. LOL So this week, I took my training wheels off and did it all by myself. I still want to know how some people can get them so perfectly round. The perfectionist in me wants to know!! The secret to my cake pop though is NO FROSTING. SO MUCH BETTER! They are moist without being overly sweet. 
Just took them out of the fridge since it was so warm out! 
And now for my raison d'etre - for those who don't speak french, my reason to be, my sugar cookies! I really loved doing these ones because they were simple and yet so cute. They really didn't take that long. Although I will say I like how the green grapes turned out better than the purple grapes but now I know for next time! 
Wine Bottle Sugar Cookies
Wine Bottles

Wine Glasses and Green Grape Sugar Cookies
Green Grapes and Wine Glasses

Wine bottle Sugar Cookies
It's All Wine to Me!


Green Grape Sugar Cookies
My Favorite Ones - The Green Grapes!


Wine Bottles


Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed all the treats! Stay tuned for the next post!



No comments:

Post a Comment