Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fabulous Fall & Thanksgiving Cookies

The weather in Seattle has just been wonderful. Sure it has been a little foggy or gray out but there hasn't been - hardly - any RAIN. Which means, the beautiful fall leaves in the tree last longer! I just love it!  I wrote a post about how "fall was coming" and it was evident in some of the trees and that was back on September 20th! I can't get enough of it and I am sure you may feel the same.

Since we are now approaching November, we are on the brink of the holiday season and some retail stores are already pulling out the Christmas gear (before Halloween? yup...earlier every year!). I was at Ross the other day and I was looking at there holiday racks and I found a 3 set of Wilton cookie cutters for $2 - SCORE.

I had to have them and try them out! It was a Thanksgiving set which came with a Turkey, a Leaf and a Pumpkin cookie cutter. I just did a custom order for my little sister's school. Their logo is an acorn so I thought the 3 piece set would go perfectly together to complete the fall theme.

So I give you my Autumn/Thanksgiving themed cookies! 
Fall and Thanksgiving Cookies
Fall & Thanksgiving Themed Cookie Platter
The green and yellow cookie was me playing around with one of my "leaf" tips. I was really inspired by all the transitioning leaves outside that I thought I would try and recreate that look. Little bit harder than it seems and I think I have an idea of what I can do next time to make it look a little better. But the best part was the loads of frosting on that one...mmmmm..... it was really fun to eat.

Turkey shaped Sugar cookie
Gobble Gobble
Loving the turkeys! For the feathers I used a "leaf" tip (Wilton #67 I believe) to get the texture which I think is what I love most about these cookies. Gobble Gobble!

Pumpkin Cookies, Leaf Cookies and Acorn cookies
Leaves, Acorns and Pumpkins  
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
Pumpkin Love!
I wish we had time to make it to the pumpkin patch this year! I guess I will just have to settle for these pumpkin cookies instead!

fall themed sugar cookies
Fall Themed Sugar Cookies
Now go grab a PSL, your heated blanket and light a fire because there is nothing like this time of year! Happy Fall everybody!


*If you would like to order some for your fall or Thanksgiving gathering, please email me! *

No comments:

Post a Comment